- solutions for multifunctional communication and teamwork areas;
- solutions for group and conference mobility;
- solutions for training centers;
- solutions for multimedia classrooms and presentation auditoriums;
- solutions for flexible personal workstations for teachers;
- space zoning.
New approach to educational space organization
New teaching methods based on using computer technologies and small group discussions have changed the process of education forever. New approach to space usage can help increase the effectiveness of communication between teachers and students.
- Training mainly takes place in small groups.
- A lot of foreign students — people from different cultures — study together.
- There is competition between universities. They need to attract students with research programs, joint projects with employers and other partners.
Demographic change: now not only teenagers study
- Adult students seeking to improve their qualifications for further career development demonstrate high level of requirements to the organization of the education.
- Young generation (Gen Y) is distinctly different from the older people in their expectations from the teaching. This generation looks for more communication and a less formal educational process.
Technological change: students need to have constant access to information
- Internet access, distance learning, wireless networks and other technologies have changed the educational process.
- Today students don’t spend long hours in the library reading books, but search information online.
How can we help in creating educational spaces?
Our strategic partner — Steelcase — has done research in different countries in cooperation with teachers and students in order to understand how interpersonal communication in education works. The results of the research have laid the foundation for our products and solutions.
- Equipping classrooms with Steelcase mobile furniture and interactive whiteboards.
- Teachers and students looking for the most effective ways of learning and communication within the group.
- Adaptation of the classroom to different teaching methods during the lesson.
Innovative classrooms have been developed and introduced in cooperation with the world’s leading universities.
Here you can finds examples of solutions for Stanford School (video), Texas Tech University, University of Michigan, and others: